You will have extra ingredients from this recipe.
-2 to 3 pieces of some solid sourdough bread, or regular sandwich bread
– 1 or 2 italian sausage links
– 1 jar of pesto
– 1 small container of red or yellow cherry tomatoes
– 1 pouch of mozzarella
– 1 package of basil
– Pinch of red pepper flakes
– Pinch of salt
– 1 egg
– 5 oz of butter
1. Grill or sauté the italian sausage until fully cooked. Cut and check for doneness.
2. Cut 5 cherry tomatoes in half
3. Tear or cut cheese into small pieces
4. Roll and cut basil to small pieces
5. Melt the butter
6. Brush it onto the bread and place in a hot pan until golden brown ( A toaster can also be used to brown the bread)
7. Cut italian sausages into coin shapes and cut the shapes in half
8. Spread desired amount of pesto onto the bread
9. Place sausage, tomatoes and mozzarella onto the bread
10. Garnish with a pinch of salt, basil and red pepper flakes
11. Enjoy this crunchy and flavorful toast!
12. (With a fried egg) Heat 1-2 Tbsp. oil in a medium skillet over medium-high.
13. Crack egg into oil, cook for about 2 minutes, until edges are crunchy. This adds a nice sauce component to the toast!