Yield: 12 muffins
– Cooking spray or muffin tins
– 1 large egg or 2 small ones
– 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix- I used ‘White Lily’ for this recipe
– 1 1/4 cups of milk or buttermilk
– 1/4 cup of vegetable oil or olive oil
– 4 tablespoons of sugar
– 2 fresh peaches
– 1 tablespoon of ground cardamom
– Jar of pepper jelly, can be found at the grocery store, mine is homemade from my Uncle Mike!
– Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
– Chop peaches to medium sized pieces
– Beat the egg in a large bowl, whisk in cornmeal mix ,milk, oil, sugar and cardamom.
– Whisk in chopped fresh peaches
– Batter should be a bit lumpy
– Spray muffin pan
– Fill each muffin cup, 2/3 of the way full
– Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
– Cool for 5 minutes
– Slather with butter or pepper jelly!
– Eat up! Great for breakfast or a summer picnic or cookout!