Paella originated from the east coast of Spain, it is a dish that is bursting with flavor!
Yield- 4 to 6 servings
- 8oz of shrimp
- 1 link of dried chorizo
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 plum tomato
- 5 oz of peas
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 of a Cup of arborio rice
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of saffron
- 4 oz of chicken stock concentrate
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and dice the onion, mince the garlic
- Cut the chorizo in half length wise, then cut into half moons
- Dice the tomato and chop the parsley
- Place 4 cups of water, the saffron and the chicken concentrate into a medium sized pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan, bring to medium heat .
- Cook onions, 3-4 minutes or until soft, add S & P
- Add garlic, until the kitchen smells garlicky. About 30 seconds
- Add half of the paprika, the tomato , chorizo and garlic
- Stir and let cook for about 5 minutes
- Add the rice, cook for 1-2 while stirring.
- Add 2 cups of the saffron chicken stock to the pan
- Bring to a boil and then set to a simmer 25-30 minutes
- Stirring occasionally, adding stock when necessary
- When the rice is ‘al dente’ or firm to the bite, add the peas .
- Turn up heat for 4-5 minutes , until the edges begin to crust, do not stir.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper ad paprika on the shrimp
- Place the shrimp on top of the rice
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the shrimps are nice and pink
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy! It will be so good, good job!