These pretzels are a perfect sweet and spicy snack or a tasty treat for a holiday party, because what? It’s October!
Ingredients: About 50 pretzels
- 2 cups of ‘grid’ pretzels
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon of cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon of nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- Cut parchment paper or waxed paper and place on a sheet pan
- Place two cups of water into a saucepan and then place a glass bowl on top of that, this is called a double broiler. It will melt your chocolate slowly. The water should be at a simmer.
- Place the chocolate and butter into the glass bowl
- Stir constantly until chocolate is silky and melted
- Mix spices together, cinnamon nutmeg and cayenne
- Place spices into a sifter, set aside
- Using tongs or chopsticks, dip the pretzels in the chocolate allowing excess to drip off
- Place on the parchment or wax paper
- Sprinkle with spices, while the pretzels are still freshly dipped, so that the spices will stick.
- Continue until all of the pretzels are finished
- Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens
- Enjoy this sweet spicy snack, try not to eat the whole bowl!