This dish is great for summer! It is healthy, combining fresh ingredients for a quick meal. It can be made for one or doubled for a group. Enjoy this easy summer recipe!
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup of arugula
- Small amount of chives
- 2 heads of radish
- 1/3 of a shallot (just a small amount, eyeball it. Also choose for preference of taste)
- 1/2 of a chicken breast
- Solid handful of dry rice noodles (Kroger,Publix) Local asian market .
- 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Korean bbq sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of sriracha
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Place a pot with 3 cups of water the the stovetop, medium-high heat
- Chop chives for garnish, set aside
- Place a pan (preferably cast-iron) on the stovetop, also at medium-hight heat
- Slice radishes into half-moon’s
- Chop shallot into small pieces
- Slice chicken breast into bite size pieces
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Saute until cooked through but still tender
- Mix soy sauce, Korean bbq sauce and sriracha together in a bowl
- Place rice noodles in the boiling water, cook 3-4 minutes, occasionally stirring
- Drain in a colander, continue to rinse until noodles are no longer hot.
- Place sauce into a closable container, add noodles. Close container and shake shake shake.
- Pour into a bowl
- Sprinkle radish,chicken and arugula on top of the cold noodles
- Drizzle with sriracha for more heat and sprinkle chives
This is when we are supposed to get healthy right? Right before the holidays begin? Ok great , that was my plan. Here is an easy as pie recipe, so at the holidays you can eat all of the pie that you want!
- 1/2 cup of chopped mango
- 1/2 cup of chopped pineapple
- A handful of rasberries
- 1/2 of a banana
- 4 Tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 Tsp of cinnamon
- Add water as needed for smoothness
- Chop mango and pineapple
- Slice banana into coin sized pieces
- Add all ingredients to a blender (Vitamix, nutribullet, cuisinart,ninja)
- Blend until medium a thickness and smoothness consistency occur
- Pour into a bowl
- Top with bananas, chia seeds and raspberries
- Also tasty with a drizzle of honey!
This sweet potato burger is fluffy, creamy and spicy all at once! A healthy option for a meatless Monday meal. It can be modified very easily, add some sautéed onions, guacamole or kimchi! SO many options! Whip these up and enjoy!
Yield: 4 ‘burgers’
- 2 whole sweet potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of cannelloni beans
- 1 whole jalapeño
- 1/3 cup of panko bread crumbs (extra may be needed)
- 1/3 cup of flour ( I used all purpose, others will work too)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper chili flakes
- Olive oil
- 1 or 2 avocados
- 2/3 cup of greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- S & P to season yogurt sauce
- 4 bun options, I used ciabatta buns and pretzel buns. Kroger usually has a solid ‘bread sale’ section . So definitely hit that up!
It is the end of peach season! So duh, all of the peaches shall appear in the recipes! This is a simple & fresh summer salad with grilled peaches, red onions, baby lettuces and a tasty honey-lime vinaigrette!
Yield: 2 servings
-1 whole peach
-1/4 of a red onion
-4 cups of baby lettuce
-1/3 cup of honey
-1 Tablespoon of lime juice
-1 Tablespoon of olive oil
-Pre-heat the grill, or a grill pan on the stove top
-Cut the peach , as picture
-Slice the onion
-Place 1 cup of baby lettuces in each bowl
-Mix together, the honey, lime juice and olive oil
-Grill peaches until soft and smell peachy!
-Place peaches on top of the bed of lettuce, sprinkle red onions and drizzle the tasty homemade vinaigrette over this tasty summer salad!
This dish consists of rice noodles, cardamom spiced sweet potatoes, farm fresh corn and raw purple cabbage. Garnished with thai basil.
Yields: 2 bowls
– 2 cups of rice noodles
– 1 whole sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
– 1 ear of corn
– 1 cup of purple cabbage
– Teaspoon of cardamom
– Teaspoon of salt and pepper
– 2 leaves of thai basil or regular basil
– Peel sweet potatoes and cut into cubes
– Toss in olive oil, sprinkle cardamom on sweet potatoes cubes
– Roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until ‘fork’ tender
-Cut corn off the cobb, saute, salt and pepper to your liking
-Chop up basil
-Chop cabbage into bite sized pieces
– Place rice noodles in boiling water, cook until done. Approximately 5 minutes
– Once all components are ready
-Place noodles in the bowl, place corn, cabbage and sweet potatoes on top
-Garnish with basil and enjoy this fresh bowl of goodness!