Summer! Is that you?
This recipe is refreshingly creamy and sweet. It’s a Chai-masala paleta with fresh Georgia peaches.
Paletas- Frozen fruit bars (water or milk base). A popular item sold in the streets of Mexico. Also an amazing part of Mexican culture that has been brought to America!
If you ever visit Nashville, make sure you checkout ‘The Peach Truck’! They truck in fresh Georgia peaches from Pearson Farm in Ft.Valley Georgia. Just imagine, that peachy fragrance and those sweet peach juices dripping down your arm when you take a bite. It is worth it, get to Nashville asap!
Ingredients: Yield- 8 paletas
- 3 fresh ‘The Peach Truck’ peaches or ripe ones available in your area
- 2 1/2 cups of plain greek yogurt
- 4 Tablespoons of honey (can be adjusted to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 packet of chai-masala powder
- Popsicle mold
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut each peach in half and then into slices
- Place on a sheet pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of honey and sprinkle with a pinch of salt
- Roast peaches for 35 mins or until peaches are soft
- Let cool (refrigeration helps the process)
- Add yogurt, honey,vanilla extract and chai-masala powder to a large bowl
- Stir thoroughly
- After peaches are cool, gently fold into the yogurt mixture
- Pour into popsicle molds
- Freeze for 4-6 hrs