First off, try not to drool!
These are perfect for fall! Pumpkin and chocolate donuts with a marshmallow bourbon frosting and a biscoff cookie crumble. How could you not love these? Don’t worry, they aren’t as complicated as they sound!
This recipe can easily be made into a pumpkin loaf (loaf pan) or some yummy pumpkin muffins! (Muffin pan)
- 1 and 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup o vegetable oil
- 2/3 cups of semi-sweet of chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the donut pan with non stick spray. Or a loaf pan or a muffin pan .
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together .
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and brown sugar (wet batter).
- Next whisk in the pumpkin and the oil into the ‘wet batter’.
- Pour the wet batter into the dry mixture, mix together.
- It will be a little lumpy and that’s ok, gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into the donut pan until batter is gone.Bake at 350 degrees, 20-25 minutes.
- Loaf pan, 350 degrees, 1 hr.
- Muffin pan, 350 degrees, 30-35 minutes.
Marshmallow bourbon frosting
- 1 pack of cream cheese
- 5 marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 3 oz of bourbon
- Melt the butter on low heat
- Add cream cheese until fully melted, continue to stir
- Add marshmallows until melted, continuously stirring
- Add bourbon, still stirring
- Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Crush biscotti cookies in a bowl, I crushed them with a can.
- Take donuts out of the pan
- Place face down in the frosting and then face down in the crushed biscoff cookies
- Do this to all of your delicious donuts, enjoy!