This dish is great for summer! It is healthy, combining fresh ingredients for a quick meal. It can be made for one or doubled for a group. Enjoy this easy summer recipe!
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup of arugula
- Small amount of chives
- 2 heads of radish
- 1/3 of a shallot (just a small amount, eyeball it. Also choose for preference of taste)
- 1/2 of a chicken breast
- Solid handful of dry rice noodles (Kroger,Publix) Local asian market .
- 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Korean bbq sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of sriracha
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Place a pot with 3 cups of water the the stovetop, medium-high heat
- Chop chives for garnish, set aside
- Place a pan (preferably cast-iron) on the stovetop, also at medium-hight heat
- Slice radishes into half-moon’s
- Chop shallot into small pieces
- Slice chicken breast into bite size pieces
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Saute until cooked through but still tender
- Mix soy sauce, Korean bbq sauce and sriracha together in a bowl
- Place rice noodles in the boiling water, cook 3-4 minutes, occasionally stirring
- Drain in a colander, continue to rinse until noodles are no longer hot.
- Place sauce into a closable container, add noodles. Close container and shake shake shake.
- Pour into a bowl
- Sprinkle radish,chicken and arugula on top of the cold noodles
- Drizzle with sriracha for more heat and sprinkle chives
Summer! Is that you?
This recipe is refreshingly creamy and sweet. It’s a Chai-masala paleta with fresh Georgia peaches.
Paletas- Frozen fruit bars (water or milk base). A popular item sold in the streets of Mexico. Also an amazing part of Mexican culture that has been brought to America!
If you ever visit Nashville, make sure you checkout ‘The Peach Truck’! They truck in fresh Georgia peaches from Pearson Farm in Ft.Valley Georgia. Just imagine, that peachy fragrance and those sweet peach juices dripping down your arm when you take a bite. It is worth it, get to Nashville asap!
Ingredients: Yield- 8 paletas
- 3 fresh ‘The Peach Truck’ peaches or ripe ones available in your area
- 2 1/2 cups of plain greek yogurt
- 4 Tablespoons of honey (can be adjusted to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 packet of chai-masala powder
- Popsicle mold
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut each peach in half and then into slices
- Place on a sheet pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of honey and sprinkle with a pinch of salt
- Roast peaches for 35 mins or until peaches are soft
- Let cool (refrigeration helps the process)
- Add yogurt, honey,vanilla extract and chai-masala powder to a large bowl
- Stir thoroughly
- After peaches are cool, gently fold into the yogurt mixture
- Pour into popsicle molds
- Freeze for 4-6 hrs
It is the end of peach season! So duh, all of the peaches shall appear in the recipes! This is a simple & fresh summer salad with grilled peaches, red onions, baby lettuces and a tasty honey-lime vinaigrette!
Yield: 2 servings
-1 whole peach
-1/4 of a red onion
-4 cups of baby lettuce
-1/3 cup of honey
-1 Tablespoon of lime juice
-1 Tablespoon of olive oil
-Pre-heat the grill, or a grill pan on the stove top
-Cut the peach , as picture
-Slice the onion
-Place 1 cup of baby lettuces in each bowl
-Mix together, the honey, lime juice and olive oil
-Grill peaches until soft and smell peachy!
-Place peaches on top of the bed of lettuce, sprinkle red onions and drizzle the tasty homemade vinaigrette over this tasty summer salad!
– Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
– Use two 9 inch pre-made pie crusts for 2 small crostatas.
– Or use one 18 inch pre-made pie crust for 1 large crostata.
– 3 cups of strawberries. Washed and sliced.
– 2 Tbs of cornstarch
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– 2 Tbs of honey
– Tbs of vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– 3 Tbs of water
1. Place cut strawberries in a bowl
2. Pour in sugar,cornstarch,vanilla and 1 Tbs of honey.
3. Place pie crust on parchment or a sheet pan sprayed with baking spray.
4. Place strawberry mixture in the center of the crust.
5. Fold and pleat evenly around the strawberries.
6. Crack egg into a bowl, pour in 3 Tbs of water.
7.Whisk until mixed.
8. Brush on crust so it browns nicely when it is baked.
9. Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 mins.
10. Left rest for 15 mins.
11. Cut, drizzle honey over each piece.
12. Enjoy and feed it to all of your friends and family because its Friday!